3CDC's Operations staff members are responsible for the clean and safe activities in the Downtown and OTR business districts as well as the 3CDC-managed civic spaces. The organization is dedicated to hiring a diverse staff, and offering new opportunities to individuals that might otherwise struggle to find employment due to previous challenges in their personal lives.
3CDC's diverse field staff features over 40 individuals that live within 5 miles of Downtown/OTR. The organization prides itself on creating a positive environment for employees, and meeting new staff wherever they are in life. 3CDC works hard to support its employees and believes strongly in second-chance hiring. This supportive environment has resulted in a loyal, hard-working staff that views 3CDC as a great place to work. As a result, 3CDC's Employee Referral Program resulted in 39% of the new field staff members hired in 2023.
3CDC is committed to providing second- and third-chance opportunities to those who have formerly been incarcerated, are in recovery, or whose life choices and situations have disadvantaged them in obtaining stable employment. More than 41% of field staff are fair-chance hires, including one former rider of the GeneroCity 513 Jobs Van, who has been a full-time Ambassador for over four years.
In addition, 3CDC partners closely with several job readiness programs to hire staff:
3CDC also works with multiple recovery centers to provide employment to individuals who are recovering from substance abuse dependency. Currently, 20% of field staff are in recovery.
Equitable Pay Scale and Benefits:
3CDC full-time Operations field staff, including Ambassadors, receive the following benefits:
- $16.45/hour (average), with field coordinators making as much as $24/hour
- Health benefits covered at 100% (31 of 41 field staff enrolled)
- A robust 403(b) retirement plan match at 100% on the first 5% contributed
- Fully paid long-term disability, life and AD&D insurance
- Generous PTO and Employee Assistance Program, which is also available to employee's families
- On-site biometric screenings
- Medical benefit education and assistance in participation
The following benefits are available to all full- and part-time Operations staff: