The $48 million 2012 renovation and expansion of Washington Park was a public /private partnership among 3CDC, the City of Cincinnati, the Cincinnati Park Board, and the Cincinnati corporate and philanthropic community. This partnership resulted in the transformation of Washington Park from 6 acres to an 8-acre urban sanctuary. In addition to becoming a stand-alone destination, the restoration and expansion of Washington Park compliments its surrounding amenities, including Music Hall, the new School for Creative & Performing Arts and on-going residential and commercial development around its edges. The Washington Park restoration included a 450-space underground parking garage, a performance stage, civic lawn, event plaza, interactive water feature with lights and sound, children’s playground, dog park, restored historic bandstand, seasonal planting beds, and a half-acre of meandering pathways through beautiful, mature landscaping. The Park will continue to attract more home owners, business owners and visitors to Over-the-Rhine from throughout the city, the region and the nation.
City of Cincinnati, Cincinnati Park Board, 3CDC
- Project Cost
Public Greenspace, Public Parking
- Completion Date
- Miscellaneous Details
Design Team: BHDP Architecture, Human Nature, THP Limited, KLH Engineers, M-E Companies, inc.
Size: 8 acres
1230 ELM STREET