New event promotes Downtown women-owned businesses
Posted on December 10, 2019 by kdriscoll
Women on Main highlights variety of businesses in heart of Cincinnati
CINCINNATI (December 9, 2019) – A new business group is hosting an interactive event that promotes many of the women-owned businesses that help add to the vibrancy of Downtown Cincinnati.
Women on Main’s Wednesday Walk connects consumers with 13 businesses along a two-block stretch on Main Street from Sixth to Eight streets. Every business is woman-owned and -operated. On December 11, shoppers are encouraged to pick up a special Women on Main passport at any participating business – and get them stamped to win prizes, special promotions and discounts.
A passport will be provided for each attendee, which will guide and direct participants to each business. The passports must be checked off by the business owner to show attendees visited. A filled-out passport will then be used to enter a GRAND PRIZE RAFFLE at the end of the evening, from 8 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Participating businesses include:
- The Barre Code (fitness studio, 615 Main)
- Down to Mars Vintage (vintage clothing store, 621 Main)
- Bay Horse Café (restaurant/bar 625 Main)
- Crzy Monk (restaurant 627 Main)
- Balance Health Management (retail store, 631 Main 1st floor)
- Positive Poses Yoga (pop-up yoga studio, 631 Main 2nd floor)
- Art of ID (photography and design services, 631 Main 2nd floor)
- Hair @ 633 (salon, 633 Main)
- Corkopolis (wine bar, 640 Main)
- Amanda Kelly Studio (salon, 639 Main)
- Lalo (restaurant, 709 Main)
- Sewendipity Lounge (sewing lab, 722 Main)
- Yyvonne Ballard of NOVE at Algin Retro Furniture (design services, 800 Main)
From fitness-based businesses to restaurants and salons, women make up a significant portion of business owners in Downtown Cincinnati. The city was named one of the top cities in the U.S. for female entrepreneurs in 2018. For more information about the event, visit: https://www.facebook.com/events/440361683323684/
# # #
The Cincinnati Center City Development Corp. (3CDC) is a private, non-profit full-service real estate developer with a mission and strategic focus to strengthen the core assets of Downtown Cincinnati in partnership with the City of Cincinnati and the Cincinnati corporate community. Its work is specifically focused on revitalizing and connecting the Central Business District and Over-the-Rhine. For more information, visit http://www.3cdc.org.