Memorial Hall Presented with Check from Anderson Foundation for Renovation
Posted on June 28, 2016 by jrudemiller
Tours of Historic Facility Provided after Check Presentation
CINCINNATI (June 28, 2016) – Key project stakeholders were on site at the Hamilton County Memorial Hall building earlier today, as representatives from the Annie W. & Elizabeth M. Anderson Foundation presented a check for $500,000 to the Cincinnati Memorial Hall Society (CHMS) for the renovation of the historic building. The amount represents the second half of the $1 million keystone gift pledged by the foundation in April 2015.
In recognition of the importance of the significant gift and the prominence of the Anderson and Longworth families in Cincinnati history, Memorial Hall’s beautifully decorative theater will be named the “Annie W. & Elizabeth M. Anderson Theater” and its stage will be named “The Longworth Anderson Stage.”
The Annie W. & Elizabeth M. Anderson Foundation is a leading Cincinnati foundation focused on the betterment of the city. The Anderson sisters were sixth-generation Cincinnatians, great-great-granddaughters of Nicholas Longworth and Lt. Colonel Richard Clough Anderson and great-nieces of Brevet Major General Nicholas Longworth Anderson.
Following the check presentation, attendees were given a tour of the facility, built in 1908 as a memorial to the veterans of the U.S. Civil War and the Spanish-American War. Memorial Hall is currently undergoing an $11 million renovation to better preserve the building and improve audience amenities and production capabilities. The roughly 12-month renovation is expected to be completed by January 2017.
# # #