Fourth Street Open for Business as Pogue’s Garage Comes Down
Posted on October 7, 2016 by jrudemiller
Owners maintain normal hours of operation during demolition
CINCINNATI (October 6, 2016) – Construction crews continue to bring down Pogue’s Garage on Fourth Street between Race and Elm streets in downtown Cincinnati, but retail shops, restaurants, and hotels in the area remain open for business.
This complex demolition project requires periodic street and lane closures on Fourth, Elm and Race streets so crews may safely dismantle the structure and remove debris. The process will continue throughout the fall and winter. Road closure information can be accessed at www.roadmapcincy.com.
While the work is ongoing, Cincinnati residents and visitors are encouraged to continue supporting nearby businesses. Protective scaffolding has been erected on the south side of Fourth Street to allow safe pedestrian access.
Below is a list of local businesses and hours.
- Stock Yards Bank & Trust: Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.; closed Saturday and Sunday
101 West Fourth St.
- Fettner-Friedman Furs & Leathers: Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.; Saturday, 9:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
113 West Fourth St. #1
- Bromwell’s: Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.; closed Sunday
117 West Fourth St.
- Harth Lounge: Wednesday and Thursday, 4 p.m. to 11 p.m.; Friday, 4 p.m. to 2:30 a.m.; Saturday, 6 p.m. to 2:30 a.m.; closed Sunday through Tuesday
125 West Fourth St.
- Koch Sporting Goods: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Thursday, 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.; Saturday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.; closed Sunday
131 West Fourth St.
- Saigon Subs and Rolls: Monday to Saturday, 10:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.; closed Sunday
151 West Fourth St.
- Main Auction Galleries: Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Saturday and Sunday, 9 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
137 West Fourth St.
- 4th and Elm Self Storage: Monday, 12 p.m. to 6 p.m.; Tuesday to Friday, 7:30 p.m. to 6 p.m.
151 West Fourth St.
- Saks Fifth Avenue: Monday to Wednesday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Thursday, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.; Friday and Saturday, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.; Sunday, 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.
101 West Fifth St.
The $82 million mixed-use project replacing Pogue’s Garage will ultimately consist of an approximately 700-space above-grade parking garage, 23,000 square feet of street-level commercial space, and a 225-unit apartment building. The garage and commercial space portions of the project are expected to be completed in the summer of 2018, with the residential component finishing in early 2019.
# # #